Medical Advice on "Orthopedics and Traumatology"

Dr. Lokesh
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hip avascular necrosis (AVN) and hip arthritis causes pain in the affected hip and also sometimes in the knees as the same nerve which supplies the hip also supplies the knee joint. It is called as obturator nerve. This ... View thread »

Dr. Lokesh
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teriparatide is an extreme treatment for osteoporosis and is always based on your DEXA scan (dual energy x-ray absorptiometry) report. Have you got your DEXA scan done? How have you been diagnosed with osteoporosis? ... View thread »

Dr. Palanikumar  Chellamuthu
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It will be better if your age, other conditions, profession, recreation, alcohol intake and dietary pattern are known. The causes can be divided into two major groups. Group 1: Based on anatomic problems like toe ... View thread »

Dr. Lokesh
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tingling sensation can be due to transient nerve compression. This nerve compression can be due to a muscle spasm or due to abnormalities in the thoracic spine. You should improve your posture and avoid sitting ... View thread »

Dr. Akshay Kumar  Saxena
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs ... View thread »

Dr. Lokesh
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is DDH - developmental dysplasia of hip but of a mild variety, as suggested by the ultrasound, which suggests an immature hip. X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) features show that the hip ... View thread »

Dr. Sumit  Chawla
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reduction is not appropriate in this case, the bone might join in a 4-year-old child but this is certainly taking a risk. The child requires removal of the cast, reattempt at the closed reduction, application of ... View thread »

Dr. Akshay Kumar  Saxena
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism ... View thread »

Dr. Sumit  Chawla
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have very well explained your symptoms, I am so thankful to you. I would have appreciated if MRl image too available. Scoliosis can give rise to spasm of paraspinal muscles of the affected area, and in your case ... View thread »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your injury. I had looked at the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you seem to be having a pseudo-Jones fracture. Mostly, this fracture can heal without any surgical ... View thread »