Medical Advice on "Paediatrics"

Dr. Srinivas  Gunda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In newborns measurement of lung capacity is not as useful as in adults. Important clinical signs of respiratory effort, respiratory rate and the x-rays that had showed the meconium aspiration syndrome (MAS) and also the ... View thread »

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Please increase water consumption for the child and reduce the amount of bread and bread products that may or may not be consumed. 2. As of now, you can start the child on some laxative like syrup Duphalac ... View thread »

Dr. Amit  Modi
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Viral fever may last for 3 to 4 days. You need to give Paracetamol or a combination drug of Mefenamic acid to control the temperature for each episode of fever. Combination of Mefenamic acid and Paracetamol are more ... View thread »

Dr. Vishal Parmar
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Give ORS as much as she wants to prevent dehydration. Start Zinc syrup 10 milligrams once a day and a good brand of prebiotic probiotic available locally. Look around her bums area, if there is a redness rash, then apply ... View thread »

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give the child laxative food like banana, rice, etc., to help the child pass stool. Usually, the balloon should come out from stools in 24 hours if it has gone into the stomach. It is less likely that it may ... View thread »

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. However, please watch for symptoms of allergy like hives and severe itching and in worst case scenario breathlessness. If breathlessness occurs, it is best to rush the child to the nearest hospital. The ... View thread »

Dr. Faisal  Abdul Karim Malim
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that a child may cry either because he is hungry, has passed urine or stool, or wants to seek attention. Take note of the same. Other than that whatever you have described is normal and it persists till ... View thread »

Dr. Deepak   Patel
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If child is constipated on Dexolac premium, then you can switch to Nan Pro 1, lactogen 1 or similar advance. All are equally good. Nan Pro 1 is more preferred ... View thread »

Dr. Vishal Parmar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your concern. It is possible due to evening colic or reflux. Do proper burping after feeding. You can start tablet Junior Lanzol (15 mg) half tablet once a day. At present continue same formula feeds. Monitor ... View thread »

Dr. Vishal Parmar
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just got your concern. It is like a typical viral infection. Give more water, liquid, and homemade food. If she has a fever when measured with a thermometer kindly make a note of it. If her temperature is more than ... View thread »