Medical Advice on "Paediatric Dentistry"

Dr. Tooba  Qazi
Hi, Thanks for attaching the pictures. Now I can answer your query in detail: This clinical picture represents a case of 'Nursing Bottle Caries'. That means, kids who take milk feed while sleeping or have the habit of keeping feeder in mouth for ... View thread »

Dr. Praveena  Borra
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is rare, but babies may be born with teeth. These are called natal teeth. I would like you to just keep a watch on your baby very often. You might have taken too much of calcium during your pregnancy, so it might ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tooth is a milk tooth which will fall off in around 10 to 11 years of age (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, till then to save it, you have to do a root canal treatment. Root canal treatment ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal for the pulp to bleed profusely when it is a little enlarged inside, like a polyp. The dentist could have easily managed her, had he given a local anesthesia (just a drop would have numbed it) directly ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he is not cooperating then root canal treatment is very difficult for him and he would need to be sedated. You can delay the treatment by taking antibiotics and paracetamol for a week. This will give relief for ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, the molar tooth is exposed and needs pulpotomy. You need to brush his teeth more often, especially at night before sleep. Use a ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The upper front teeth show early childhood caries lesion resulting in decay. You need start giving him other semi-solid food and reduce ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need for such procedure at this age. The front four teeth will usually never cause any pain to the child, but it has to remain there to maintain the space till the permanent teeth come in its space. So, leave ... View thread »

Dr. Naveen   Thomas
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white discoloration (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is the demineralization of enamel on the surface of teeth. It occurs due to prolonged sticking of food items, especially mother's milk after feeding ... View thread »