Q. How to overcome my speech problem?

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 17, 2020

I am 45 years old. Normally my speech is good, but when I am doing a television show, serials or in films my speech is blocked. I cannot throw proper dialogs as per the script. My ear gets clogged due to some breathing problems. I am feeling panic to see that many more people watch me and concentrate on me. So, it is my great fall in my profession. My weight is 70 kg and height is 5'4". Please help me.

#

• From your description, it seems that you have speech problem due to anxiety.
  • It is good that you do not face this problem in personal conversation. But, as an artist it is essential for you to perform in front of others.
  • You should practice your dialogues in front of people you are comfortable with and then you can increase the number of audience likewise.
  • If during play or speech you feel anxious, then try to fix two spots in the audience itself.
  • Either you have to actually look at them or else you could just avoid them and act along with your co-actor.

For further information consult a speech therapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/speech-therapist

| 

Taking 5mg lorazapam for anxiety disorder gives poor response. Is it safe to take one more tablet?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have panic/anxiety disorder and was prescribed with 5mg lorazepam. I took one tablet at 8 PM but still l would wake up anxious in the morning. Is it safe to take one more tablet?  Read Full »

Illness Anxiety Disorder (Hypochondriasis) - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment

Article Overview: Illness anxiety disorder (IAS), also called health anxiety, is a term used to describe a person who is excessively worried about a serious illness. Read the article to know its causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

What Is Illness Anxiety Disorder? Illness anxiety disorder (IAD), otherwise called health anxiety, is overwhelming anxiety about a perceived illness lasting for a period of more than six months. People with IAD often rush to their primary care physician, fearing that they have a serious condition. ...  Read Article

Can hand tremor and shoulder pain be caused due to anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I got married a year ago. I am an audiologist. I am having pain in my shoulder, hand, neck and back more in the left side of the body. Sometimes, I feel tremor in my fingers and hand and pain throughout the nerves of hand. I have these symptoms for almost 8 mont...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Speech Therapist Now