Q. Is my speaking problem related to anarthria disorder?

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

I have a problem with speaking. I cannot speak fluently. I struggle with speech. I have doubts about anarthria disorder. Please tell me clarification of that disorder. My age is 22 years.

#

Anarthria means inability to articulate clearly due to neurological conditions. It occurs usually in Parkinson's or stroke. it is unlikely that you might have any of the above at this age. It is very rare. What you might be having is stuttering.

For more information consult a speech therapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/speech-therapist

|