Q. Is my speaking problem related to anarthria disorder?

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
Published on Apr 28, 2018

I have a problem with speaking. I cannot speak fluently. I struggle with speech. I have doubts about anarthria disorder. Please tell me clarification of that disorder. My age is 22 years.

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiology Speech Therapist
#

Anarthria means inability to articulate clearly due to neurological conditions. It occurs usually in Parkinson's or stroke. it is unlikely that you might have any of the above at this age. It is very rare. What you might be having is stuttering.

For more information consult a speech therapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/speech-therapist

| 

Please give some tips to improve my speech and articulation skill.

Query: Hi doctor, My voice is very low. I am not able to scold or intimidate anyone. When my friends abuse me, I am not able to reply them. They take advantage of me. They never heed my words. Sometimes, I feel much worried about it. I also hesitate and vibrate while talking. People keep me down with their...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me the symptoms of frontotemporal dementia.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has recently received a diagnosis of frontotemporal dementia. Here is a history of her: She had what we believed to be a nervous breakdown four years back. This was after a year of stress from a pending court case. After this breakdown, she displayed some psychotic symptoms....  Read Full »

Why is my 11 year old son losing weight all of a sudden from last year?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an 11 year old son who weighs 25 kg and is 138 cm tall. Everyone feels that something is wrong with him, as he is losing weight from the past three years, and it is severe for the last year. He is a slow eater and eats for 40 minutes to an hour, even small meal. We keep telling ...  Read Full »

Ask a Speech Therapist Now