Q. Please give some tips to improve my speech and articulation skill.

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
Published on Jul 02, 2016

My voice is very low. I am not able to scold or intimidate anyone. When my friends abuse me, I am not able to reply them. They take advantage of me. They never heed my words. Sometimes, I feel much worried about it. I also hesitate and vibrate while talking. People keep me down with their voice. I am not able to cope with them. My friends suggest me to increase my pitch. Sometimes, I am not audible to my friends also. I have this problem since my childhood. I am having some fear to speak to people and even my friends. Give me some tips to improve my speech and articulation skills.

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiology Speech Therapist
#

• As reported by you, the possibility of you have stuttering is very high.
  • If you are scared of people do activities, which would decrease your confidence, then make sure that you stay in a positive environment.
  • Practice in front of a mirror. Try to do activities that would reduce your anxiety.
  • Do breathing exercise, so that the loudness of your voice would increase.
  • Make shorter sentence so that you would have adequate breath support.
  • Fear is not an option to survive. Practice with confidence. It would help a lot. Practice the wrongly articulated words in front of mirror. Follow this and consult a speech therapist nearby for a physical evaluation.

For further doubts consult a speech therapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/speech-therapist

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Do all soft cleft palate surgeries require dental treatment as well?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 2 years old and was detected with a soft cleft palate. We had performed soft cleft palate surgery for her. I read a few articles and it recommended ortho surgery as for cleft palate. But, I am confused as it is mentioned only cleft palate. I wanted to know whether children...  Read Full »

Will I recover from vocal cord paralysis eventually?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had vocal paralysis over four months now from a fist fight from strikes to my throat. One doctor says it will take a year and another told me some people never recover. Will I eventually recover because I cannot speak well and it is making everything harder? Voice is raspy and br...  Read Full »

Ask a Speech Therapist Now