Q. How to increase the percentage of motile sperm?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have attached my semen reports.

#

I will give you an answer shortly.

My old report was very good. After a month, I had a rapid decrease in motility. Please advise me. What to do?

#

I have gone through the old reports and new reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reports vary in different laboratories and at different times. But you have a good sperm count. When there are more morphologic abnormalities, then it leads to a decrease in motility. Please mention your marital status.

Please say whether I can able to make my wife pregnant with this report results. What can I do to increase my motility percentage? Please explain me in detail.

#

Yes, you can definitely try for pregnancy. But after getting periods, then you can try for conception. Eat a good nutritious diet with healthy food. Do not smoke or drink alcohol. Do not be stressed regarding the reports and it is not significant. You can take supplements of vitamin D, and vitamin B complex.

Does the sperm dies causing low sperm motility? Before a year, I took steroids and I am not using them now. The motility remains the same.

#

Motility depends on the morphology and it decreases after 40 years of age. In your case, it is not significant as it was normal in the previous report. So without fear, you can try for conception.

|