Q. I have back pain, irritation of vulva, burning eyes and dry mouth. Why do I get these?

Dr. Amit Jauhari

I have sores in the mouth and irritation around the mouth at random times while eating. I also have blood and protein in the urine, loss of sensation when I need to urinate, occasional back pain, itching and irritation of the vulva (currently treating BV), burning eyes, and dryness of the mouth. Is this herpes? I am 30 years old. I just finished seven days of Valtrex, 1000 mg. No official diagnosis of herpes done so far.

#

The pictures sent by you suggest (attachment removed to protect patient identity) either some infection or vitamin deficiency.

Your Valtrex (Valaciclovir) course should take care of any viral infection. Your urine report showing protein and blood means some infection (kindly send your urinalysis report to confirm suspicion).

Both Valtrex and Xulane can cause dryness of the mouth and mild irritation, but not urine infection symptoms. I would like to see both urinalysis and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) reports to suggest further advice. Kindly send them at the earliest.

Even with the Valtrex, I still get irritation. I do not have the urinalysis, but I do have the MRI.

#

Your MRI report is not normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The serious matter is stenosis (narrowing of the internal lumen of the spinal canal). As this size reduces (unfortunately, the lumen has not been mentioned in this MRI) further, more symptoms of numbness and serious complications like unable to hold urine or stool may develop.

You need to consult a Neurosurgeon with this MRI to solve this issue (endoscopic surgical procedure can solve some of these) and stop further deterioration.

Kindly repeat the urinalysis to rule out urine infection and give culture and drug sensitivity instructions if infection is detected.

You can send further queries for clarification.

|