Q. What can be done to reduce the gap that occurs due to spondylosis?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

My mother is 44-years-old and has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease this gap in her neck? She has started physiotherapy from eight days ago.

#

The spondylosis has caused a reduction in the intervertebral spaces. This occurs due to the weakness of the muscles of the neck. I will advise following the exercises which help regain the muscle strength and improve the space in the intervertebral cervical region. Activities include static neck exercises and neck stretching exercises.

|