Q. What can be done to reduce the gap that occurs due to spondylosis?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 18, 2019

My mother is 44-years-old and has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease this gap in her neck? She has started physiotherapy from eight days ago.

#

The spondylosis has caused a reduction in the intervertebral spaces. This occurs due to the weakness of the muscles of the neck. I will advise following the exercises which help regain the muscle strength and improve the space in the intervertebral cervical region. Activities include static neck exercises and neck stretching exercises.

My arm has become stiff due to cervical spondylosis. How to get it treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 55 years old. I have been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis due to wear and tear on my dehydrated spinal discs. My pain is in my neck and arm. I have occasional fever and night sweats. I am already using a cervical collar for a week now. I am using hard collar during the day and so...  Read Full >>

Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your condition. Your symptoms match with the diagnosis of cervical spondylosis. Unfortunately, along with neck pain and arm pain you also seem to have developed weakness of your left arm due to pressure on your nerves in the neck. Physiotherapy is ...  Read Full

Why am I having right-sided muscle weakness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 22 years old. I had right-sided muscle weakness. It started with hands and feet pins and needles. Then neck tension and back tension. Had a brain MRI done. I have had a CT scan of brain two years ago which showed an osteoma in sinonasal which I think I can see on the MRI. Currently, I...  Read Full >>

Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI shows normal brain parenchyma (attachment remove to protect patient identity). No ischemic areas or focal lesions are seen. The MRI angiogram shows normal vascular anatomy. No focal narrowing or stenosis is seen. However, mild mucosal thickening is seen in bila...  Read Full

What can be done for constant shortness of breath and muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath on exertion and episodic mild muscle weakness for about one year. It worsens with fatigue and particularly ptosis. Kindly help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com I saw the chest x-ray posteroanterior and lateral views (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The findings are, 1. There are mildly prominent lung markings in the bilateral mid and lower zones. The upper zones are clear bilaterally. 2. There is no pleur...  Read Full

Ask a Physiotherapist Now