Q. What can be done to reduce the gap that occurs due to spondylosis?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

My mother is 44-years-old and has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease this gap in her neck? She has started physiotherapy from eight days ago.

#

The spondylosis has caused a reduction in the intervertebral spaces. This occurs due to the weakness of the muscles of the neck. I will advise following the exercises which help regain the muscle strength and improve the space in the intervertebral cervical region. Activities include static neck exercises and neck stretching exercises.

| 

My arm has become stiff due to cervical spondylosis. How to get it treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 55 years old. I have been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis due to wear and tear on my dehydrated spinal discs. My pain is in my neck and arm. I have occasional fever and night sweats. I am already using a cervical collar for a week now. I am using hard collar during the day and so...  Read Full »

Why am I having right-sided muscle weakness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 22 years old. I had right-sided muscle weakness. It started with hands and feet pins and needles. Then neck tension and back tension. Had a brain MRI done. I have had a CT scan of brain two years ago which showed an osteoma in sinonasal which I think I can see on the MRI. Currently, I...  Read Full »

What can be done for constant shortness of breath and muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath on exertion and episodic mild muscle weakness for about one year. It worsens with fatigue and particularly ptosis. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now