Q. Why do I have pain in leg on moving my foot up and down?

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

I am a 19-year-old male. I was playing basketball with my friend and his knee went hard into the lower outside of my lower left calf. After that, it began to hurt and now it has been about six hours and I struggle to put weight on it. It sends pain down into my foot and ankle and moving my foot up and down hurts my calf and leg. My leg also does not seem to be bruised but it hurts to touch where his knee hit me.

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

Physiotherapy
#

Start applying cold pack in the place where it hurts. Avoid weight bearing on the injured leg. Weight bearing will aggravate the injury to become more. Avoid movements in the left ankle joint. You might have injured several tissues when you got hit by your friend's knee and there are chances of even a hairline crack in the bone during your injury. You may need an X-ray done. Contact an orthopedician or physiotherapist to start getting treated as splinting of the joint is very essential. Delaying it will make things worse rather than any better.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

I am 14, and I have lower back pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 14 years old. I wonder whether she has herniated disc. Because, she has all the symptoms except the numbness in legs and feet. It hurts in the lower part of my back. Usually a herniated disc is from sports injury and heavy lifting. But, she recently have not had any sports ...  Read Full »

Why does my leg pain even after walking short distances?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old and my leg pains while walking. Can I please know what is the reason behind this? This problem started nine years ago. But, now my leg pains after walking even 20 to 30 meters. I am currently on Thyroxine 50 mg. I have had a Doppler ultrasound. Please help.  Read Full »

Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable to sleep due to the pain. All ANC check and blood tests are fine. This is the second pregnancy. She has complaints of a lot of pain in her legs on both sides, more on the right leg....  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now