Q. Do I have to worry about mild spotting and cramps during one and a half months of pregnancy?

Dr. Monica Mathur

It is my first pregnancy, and how do I ensure my baby is safe to avoid miscarriage. My last period was one month and 27 days back, and I had intercourse for the past one month. Since then, I missed my period and started having mild periods like cramps and spotting one day. I could not sleep on my back, my tummy or back would cramp, but the pain is gone these days. Is the baby still fine? I also have painful or sensitive breasts. Tummy cramps come and go. What could be the best remedy? And how can I prepare my body to increase natural delivery, not C-section? Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. The baby's condition has to be determined as you have blood discharge. I suggest you get a complete blood count and sonography of your lower abdomen and kindly revert with reports. Once it is sure that the baby is fine and there is no impending miscarriage, we can decide on the treatment. I also suggest you take bed rest and tablet Meftal-Spas (Dicyclomine and Mefenamic Acid) for cramps.

I hope you understand.

Thank you for the reply. I had the blood discharge two weeks after intercourse when it was the week of my period. So, it was only a blood drop till now. I am in my fourth week, and there is no blood discharge. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. You have not mentioned whether you had any urine pregnancy test for confirmation. If yes, still, I would suggest you need an ultrasound in the case in the future you have any spotting or discharge because your last period was nearly one and a half months back, and an ultrasound is necessary for confirmation.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|