Q. Does light bleeding after unprotected sex confirm pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I am a 21-year-old female who has been having unprotected sex for a couple of months. I had experienced abnormal bleeding that lasted for only two to three days, whereas earlier, it would last for five to six days. Also, there was only light bleeding like spotting that did not get heavier. Is there any possibility of pregnancy?

Kindly guide.

#

Thank you for trusting us with your health care. I have gone through your history (attachments removed to protect patient's identity) and understand your concern. The symptoms can be due to a hormonal imbalance or pregnancy. According to your reports, the endometrial thickness can be due to pregnancy. I suggest you get your Beta-hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test to confirm pregnancy. Also, get tests done to check for thyroid profile and hemoglobin.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask for further information.

Good luck.

|