Q. My pregnant wife is experiencing cramps and spotting. What precautions should we take?

Dr. Sini P

My wife is pregnant. She has been experiencing cramps and also seen a single drop of blood while urinating. we consult to our Dr. and done a Ultrasound. In ultrasound result it is mentioned that: AVRF, Gravid shows evidence of single intra uterine Gestational SAC with regular walls and good decidual reaction seen in upper cavity. Fetal Pole Not appreciated/ Yolk SAC appreciated. MSD - 18.1 mm = 5 wks 06 days OS - Closed. B/L Adenexa - Normal no Adnexal mass appreciated. E/O clear cystic areas of size approx - 22x19 mm seen in RT. Adnexa S/O C.L cyst No E/O free fluid in POD.

According to Dr., the SAC is created but the heartbeat of child is not there. She said we need to wait for next 1 more week and then check the ultrasound report. Ahe is experiencing fever and cramps whole day. she says they are like normal period cramps, and also some light blood is also showing while urinating. I have given T. Dolo 650 mg once yesterday. Please suggest, is it a normal case or not.

#

Hi

Welcome to iCliniq,

1) In the scan if there is no heart beat,,as she said you need to wait for 1 more week,because in case of irregular periods and if any delay in periods by 2 or three days,heart beat comes a little late only

2)But if she is getting pain and spotting ,it is not good sign. Chance of getting abortion is more.

3) So she needs complete bed rest and have to take hormon tablets vaginally. (Tab Susten VT -- 1 in the morning & 1 at night for 2 weeks).

4) Please avoid travel.

5) If she getting continuous bleeding (usually happens in abortion), then don't wait for 1 week to take the scan. Thanks

My concern is that:

1) She is not experiencing heavy blood, but some very light thread like color while urinating.

2) As doc suggested she is on complete bed rest. But she is experiencing pain in back and mean-awhile mild fever.

3) My question is that what are the precaution we need to follow or what we can now do forward.

Please find the attached medical reports. Please provide us some opinions which help us to better think ahead.
#

Hi, Welcome to iCliniq.

1) I have seen your complete reports. 2) From the scan, now only gestational sac is formed. So for the cardiac activity, we have to wait for another 7-10 days. 3) Since she is taking duphastone tablets (Progestrone hormone). Little high temperature is EXPECTED. It is not fever. 4) Minimal back pain is also normal in pregnancy. (This is the reason Dr. started duphastone tablets). 5) Minimal bleeding due to a small separation of sac from the uterine wall. Duphastone tablet also help to prevent further separation. 6) You can also use internal vaginal tablets (Tab Susten VT -- 1 in the morning & 1 at night for 2 weeks). This also gives an additional support. 7) From your side, She has to take complete bed rest and repeat the scan after 1 week. 8) No other intervention is required at present.

Thanks

|