Q. Can I consider spotting that lasted for three days as my periods?

Answered by Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Spotting or Periods? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can I consider spotting that lasted for three days as my periods?

I experienced spotting in the last week for three days. It was a small amount of spotting discharge, which was brown with a bit of red. I did not get my period on the actual date. May I consider the spotting as my periods? But it was not the usual amount of bleeding as I have in my period. I only used a liner with it and not may napkin pad.