Q. I am 11 days late, and I started spotting yesterday. Is there any possibility that I am pregnant?

Dr. Vidyaprem
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 11, 2020

Hello good morning,

This is not covid related. I just want to ask something since I cannot go out for check up. I am delayed for 11 days and yesterday I started to have spotting. It is unusual to me since I know if I have my period. I don't feel any cramps yesterday and even today. The flow is not heavy. I can feel dizziness sometimes however, the result of my PT was negative. Is there any possibility that I am pregnant? My husband and I are hoping to have a baby.

Dr. Vidyaprem

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As the pregnancy test is negative it's less likely to be pregnancy.... however inview of false negatives with preg card, do a blood test called serum beta hcg to confirm it..... sometimes cycle can be delayed due to hormonal changes, stress, increase in wt, alteration in the diet pattern ,hypothyroidism etc.... .. if this irregularity continues in subsequent cycles ultrasound pelvis is required to look for the cause... (note - if it's not possible to get blood test done, due to lock down repeat the urine pregnancy test right in the morning (first morning urine) ).hope the suggestion is useful... regards n wishes for u to conceive soon.

delayed cycle- hormonal

serum beta hcg, TSH, usg pelvis( if irregularity continues)

hormonal

to review with beta hcg if any queries....

| 

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full »

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »