Q. I am trying to conceive but I am spotting in my last two cycles. Why?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Spotting or Hormonal Imbalance? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been having spotting during my past two cycles on an off for days on end. I am not sure if I should be concerned. I have stopped birth control for over one year, and I am trying to conceive from the past two months. I have had a couple of urinary tract infections during these cycles. I am worried that my hormones are out of balance.