Q. What type of bleeding will I have after taking tablet Premolut-N?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

As I did not get my periods for this month, I consulted a gynecologist, and she prescribed me Primolut-N. After four days of taking tablet Primolut-N, I am spotting. And it does not look like my normal period. Pregnancy beta hCG is also negative. Is it normal to have spotting?

Thanks.

#

I can understand your concern.

Primolut-N is a synthetic progesterone that helps initiate a period by increasing the progesterone content in the body. A decreased progesterone level causes missed or delayed periods. The period after Primolut-N will differ as follows;

1) It may start as spotting, and later the flow will increase.

2) You will be spotting if the dosage is inadequate.

3) Hormonal imbalance where the progesterone is low can lead to minor bleeding.

4) Pregnancy may also be the reason for the variations.

5) thin endometrium.

I would recommend you the following;

1) Kindly wait for periods to start or increase in intensity.

2) Do a urine pregnancy test.

3) If the period does not occur even after a week with a negative pregnancy test, I recommend getting a scan to measure the endometrial thickness and start the medication accordingly.

I hope this was useful.

|