Staging Of Cancer

Can you please help me understand my mother's biopsy report?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 68 years old. She is 70 kg weight. A painless liaison has developed on the right lateral part of the tongue. I have consulted with an ENT surgeon and he advised for biopsy. The incision biopsy was done and the report is attached. Please clarify the report. If that is cancer, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect identity) and unfortunately I find it to be a cancerous lesion. It is cancer and the stage can be ascertained after clinical examination of the local and surrounding areas and after investigations. After evalu...  Read Full »

What are the chances of cancer recurring after six months of operation?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law gone through CA tongue right side operation followed by radiation and chemotherapy before six months. From last two weeks, he is getting pain on the left side of the tongue and we consulted the doctor again. Doctor said that there is no possibility for further operati...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that your brother-in-law has undergone treatment for tongue cancer. Radiation so soon after previous radiation therapy is not advisable. The doctor's opinion is correct. This looks like a very aggressive tumor. We can try chemotherapy, but we cannot be sure o...  Read Full »

To identify the stage of cancer, is a PET scan necessary?

Query: Hi doctor, My query is regarding my relative who is suffering from carcinoma of cervix. I would kindly request you to advise us regarding the stage of cancer based on the biopsy, MRI and CT scan report which I have attached here for your reference. In her MRI report, there is a feature suggestive of...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to assure you that everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine concerns.  Read Full »

My breast cancer stage is cT2N1MO. What is the next step to be followed?

Query: Hello doctor, I know about breast cancer stage cT2N1M0 doctor is done mm, after this treatment, what is the next step to be followed?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I think you are talking regarding your self according to history. The TNM staging is showing lymph node involvement also. So after modified radical mastectomy breast removal, you need to investigate with IHC of your breast mass. The immunohistochemistry is to be ...  Read Full »

Breast cancer detected two days ago. Please provide expert opinion on treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I need advise from experts about my mother. She is suffering from breast cancer. It was diagnosed two days ago. I want an expert's opinion for future treatment. Kindly guide me. What is the best treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, the biopsy report has confirmed the diagnosis of breast cancer. Now, the next step will be to stage this disease. For that purpose, she will be adviced to do a CT scan of ...  Read Full »

What are the odds of survival in ovarian cancer?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She underwent a hysterectomy and the pathology report, to my understanding, reads T3b NO MO. She is 72. What can you tell me about this and what are the survival odds? They said she will be treated with chemo for five to six months once ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like FIGO stage III ovarian cancer. I need to know the histopathological type of this tumor. Does she have any co-morbidity like diabetes, hypertension, etc? Any family history of cancer? This tumor needs chemotherapy intravenous and maybe peritoneal chemot...  Read Full »

Please check my reports and tell me if it is cancer or not.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67 year old male patient. My report says 'neuroendocrine tumor well-differentiated benign against a background of chronic duodenitis.' Kindly let me know whether it is cancer or not. I have no other health problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ki-67 is not done yet. That information is required to say if it has malignant cancer potential. Kindly ask the lab to perform the same. For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist  Read Full »

Please explain my thyroid FNA report.

Query: Hi doctor, Please find the attachments of my thyroid FNA report. The result showed suspicious of malignancy. I hope you explain to me further. Thanks in advance.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: Yes, the report does say suspicious for malignancy. When sometimes, we are not 100% sure or if there is overlap with benign or normal findings, we do repor...  Read Full »