Std Prevention

Will kissing cause transmission of STD?

Query: Hello doctor, Is a condom 100% safe? Can we get STDs through the body to body or skin to skin contact? By kissing will any std transmit? Is spa erotic massage safe? Please answer these questions it would be helpful.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condom does not give 100 percent contraception. In fact, no contraception is 100 percent effective. Body to body and skin to skin contact will not result in STD (sexually transmitted disease), unless there are cuts over the body and body fluids get transmitted. K...  Read Full »

What causes wrinkles on glans?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have abnormal appearing glans of the penis. The glans started to change several years ago becoming very wrinkled and have a redder appearance than before. The meatus started to change at about the same time. I have not had any sores on the head, but had fric...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As far as all your investigations regarding sexually transmitted diseases are normal and you are not having any other symptoms (except wrinkling), you need not worry about the appearance...  Read Full »

Protection broke during insertion and I pulled out. Can STDs be passed in this period?

Query: Hello doctor, I had protected intercourse with a CSW, but the protection broke at the tip during insertion and I immediately pulled out. Enough space was left at the tip for semen to collect and I do not know whether the tip of my penis has come in contact with some vaginal fluid. I am totally str...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even a minute touch of an infected vagina can spread STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). As partner status is unknown and has high-risk factors, it is better to use prophylactic treatment. Secondly, pain in armpit has almost no relation to STD. It is probably myalgia...  Read Full »

I am having itching in clitoris and inflamed lips on labia. Is it an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, I had some really bad itching in my clitoris. Today I woke up with inflamed lips on labia and more discharge than usual. Please help me my vagina is sore and I am only 18 years old. I do not want to tell my parents that I have been sexually active. I do not know if it is a ST...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be sexually transmitted disease. Have one vaginal swab to check in the laboratory to exactly know the organism of infection. Have a strict hygiene. Wear soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to prevent transmission of infection. After collection of vag...  Read Full »