Q. I have no STD symptoms. Should I still get tested before I meet my wife?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Std or Syphilis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Due to work, I have been away from my wife for more than two years. I had a few sexual encounters with sex workers here. I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex twice last year, protected oral sex and protected vaginal sex once last year, unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal and anal sex early this year, and protected oral and vaginal sex last month.

I am going to visit home soon and I am very worried about passing on any infection to my wife. During the period of these encounters, I had a severe rash on my chest eight months ago. I have seen a dermatologist and she ordered a blood test and then treated me with two anti-allergic shots. I had this before as well. The skin allergy is a problem I had for years, but usually in the belt area.

I was reading online regarding the potential risk of STDs like herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, HPV, and viral hepatitis. I am really concerned now and want to go for a full test, but this is pretty expensive. So, do I need to get tested considering I did not have any symptoms but the rash I mentioned above?