Q. My penis gives out fishy smell. Is it due to STD?

Dr. Afifa Nighat

my wife noticed a fish smell on my penis but I shower everyday after work and i have not cheated on her, which was her first assumption, and we both are freaking out. I dont have any other symptoms of any kind of an std and really the only other think I've noticed is that my urine is dark yellow. I'm 23 and a Male obviously.

#

hello hope you're doing fine! you dont need to be worried. You might be suffering urinary tract infection . Get you urine sample tested for culture and sensitivity along with penile swab. it's also that your female partner might be having infection with bacteria gardneralla vaginalis which inhabits vagina ..it's norlt necessarily an STD. she needs to be treated with tab: Metronidazle for seven days .

poor hygiene/ co-infection of sexual partner

Urine + penile swab for culture and sensitivity

BV/ candidal / trichomonal infection

same as above

1. Urine + penile culture and sensitivity

1. drink plenty of water upto 12 glasses per day.
2 . maintain strict hygiene.

with lab reports

| 

Can you get STD from a handjob?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a sexual experience with a massage worker. I am not sure exactly, but she seemed to kiss or maybe spit on to the top of my penis during a hand job. Later she rubbed her vagina across my penis. I moved away but it is completely possible that the end of my penis touched her vaginal l...  Read Full »

Can you get STD if your partner has never had sex before?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is that if one has sex with a partner who has never had sex before, not using a condom, can he or she still get HIV/HPV or any STDS.  Read Full »

How to treat vaginal dryness and pain following a UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture t...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now