Q. I have pain in right side of the stomach whenever I move or take deep breathe. Please help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2020

I am a 34-year-old male. I am experiencing pain in my right side of the stomach, about 7 inches right of my navel (in line with my navel). When I sit or lay down I do not feel pain as long as I do not move. I feel pain whenever I take deep breathe, cough, and move my torso. My stool and urine look normal and I do not have difficulty in passing stool and urine. I started feeling this pain for the past four days. I just noticed that my right stomach looks bigger than my left. It seems that it is inflamed. Please help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Are you diabetic? Do you feel any pain after food intake?

I have seen the images that you attached with your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Possible causes are:

1. This is the area for gallbladder possibility of cholecystitis.

2. Right ureteric stone may present pain in this right para umbilical/ right hypochondrium area.

3. Fatty liver.

4. Colon infection (ascending colon).

5. Gall stones may also present like pain in this region.

So use the tablet Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Paracetamol) twice a day for five days, Ofloxacin and Ornidazole twice a day for five days after food, tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week.

Drink plenty of liquids. Avoid fatty foods. If symptoms not improved please get it done ultrasound abdomen and post me.

| 

Related Video

My ultrasound was normal, but I have excruciating lower abdominal pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old woman. I have been having excruciating pain in my right abdominal area, below my right breast. The pain travels to my back and gets unbearable at times. I have been throwing up today, and my temperature is low since the past five days. This has been going on for a...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole fo...  Read Full »

Is chronic non-specific cholecystitis dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to take a second opinion about my mother. In her ultrasound, it was diagnosed that she had gall bladder stones. There was no pain but it was accidentally observed in the ultrasound. We waited for three years, but then, later on, one of my friend’s mother developed gall ...  Read Full »