Q. I have pain in right side of the stomach whenever I move or take deep breathe. Please help.

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2020

I am a 34-year-old male. I am experiencing pain in my right side of the stomach, about 7 inches right of my navel (in line with my navel). When I sit or lay down I do not feel pain as long as I do not move. I feel pain whenever I take deep breathe, cough, and move my torso. My stool and urine look normal and I do not have difficulty in passing stool and urine. I started feeling this pain for the past four days. I just noticed that my right stomach looks bigger than my left. It seems that it is inflamed. Please help.

#

Are you diabetic? Do you feel any pain after food intake?

I have seen the images that you attached with your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Possible causes are:

1. This is the area for gallbladder possibility of cholecystitis.

2. Right ureteric stone may present pain in this right para umbilical/ right hypochondrium area.

3. Fatty liver.

4. Colon infection (ascending colon).

5. Gall stones may also present like pain in this region.

So use the tablet Cyclopam (Dicyclomine and Paracetamol) twice a day for five days, Ofloxacin and Ornidazole twice a day for five days after food, tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week.

Drink plenty of liquids. Avoid fatty foods. If symptoms not improved please get it done ultrasound abdomen and post me.

|