Q. I have stomach pain for a few days with nausea and loose stools. Please help.

Dr. Nishant
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

I am a 19-year-old female. I had diarrhea (soft and brown) on Tuesday, where I woke up feeling like a fever. The stool was clear and liquid with some soft and pale brown ones. I also felt lethargic and back pain that I usually feel when I have a fever, but my temperature is quite normal. I also have stomach pain. The next day, I cannot pass stools, I just let out some gas and there is still stomach pain. I also felt quite nauseous. And today, the stomach pain continued along with nausea. My stool became liquid and pale green with some chills and headaches.

Dr. Nishant

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I see that you are troubled by the stomach for a few days. Do not worry follow my advice and you will be fine.

Firstly avoid fatty or fried foods, raw fruits and vegetables, spicy foods, caffeinated drinks, such as coffee and soda, beans, cabbage, etc.

Drink ORS (oral rehydration solution) solution or Glucon D water three to four times a day. If that is not available, you can have one glass full of water with one tablespoon sugar and half a teaspoon salt three to four times a day.

Take tablet Omeprazole once a day before breakfast, tablet Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily after meals, tablet Ondem (Ondansetron) 4 mg whenever you feel nauseatic or have vomiting sensation.

Follow up after five days. If this does not work, I will add a few medications and order a few tests.

Dyspepsia.

|