Q. Kindly advise the treatment for my daughter's stomach pain.

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2021

My daughter is 11 years old. She weighs 94 pounds. She is healthy but has been experiencing stomach pains for about two months after eating or at random times. She visited her pediatrician a couple of occasions and an urgent care nurse, who have checked her out and done a urine test. She tried Mylanta and Tums, but those have not helped. She feels some pain in the lower abdomen or mid-abdomen, switching around on different days and times. It can happen at any random time and wakes her up at night occasionally. She has her periods these days, but her specific stomach pains do not seem to be just that or come at only those times.

#

• It is one of the most common problems (vague tummy aches) brought to the notice of the pediatricians.
  • It looks like she weighs a bit more than expected. Encourage her to do regular exercises and try to reduce weight around 32 to 34 kg for her age.
  • Consult a gynecologist for ruling out any menstrual related issues. You can get USG scan of the abdomen with pelvis for any infection lingering inside her tummy.
  • If nothing could be attributed, then it could be idiopathic. Please ask your daughter to drink lots of water and other fluids.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|