Q. What are all the reasons for frequent stomach pain?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2020

I have been having stomach pains. The pain has been on and off and has been ongoing for the past seven months with each period lasting for two weeks. The pain is on the left side, but does move to the middle. This happens immediately after eating. I have lost weight and appetite. My stools are also runny and light in color. I have had blood tests done, but the only thing that came up was a high hemoglobin count. I would like to get an idea about it.

#

• Stomach pain and watery stools are indicative for indigestion. Having these concerns for months means that it may be a chronic condition and some specific tests need to be done.
  • Liver and pancreas function disorders may be responsible for that. So, you have to check liver enzymes such as SGOT, SGPT, ALT and bilirubin and pancreatic enzymes (amylase and lipase) in your blood. Enzyme deficiencies may give that chronic indigestion.
  • Gut function disorders (functional gastrointestinal disorders) also may be responsible for your concerns. It may be due to any infection or food intolerance. So, a stool test would be necessary.
  • Stomach inflammation or peptic ulcers also cause pain, nausea and vomiting. I suggest Omeprazole to remove pain. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • After all the results we will be able to build a better diagnosis and an accurate treatment. Take care.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|