Q. What could be the reason for stomach pain after eating food?

I have had pain in my stomach close to my navel for three days. The pain increases after eating food. I had an appendix operation a few years back.

Kindly help.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

The stomach pain is most probably due to acidity and gastritis. When it becomes long-standing, then may get converted into a peptic ulcer. You should avoid eating fat-rich, oily, and spicy food. Have some walks after having food instead of taking a rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits. Avoid smoking and alcohol, if any. Other than this, I suggest the following.

(Consult a specialist doctor, talk with them, and take medications with their consent.)

1. You can take a tablet of Pantoprazole 40 mg or Esomeprazole and Domperidone combination before breakfast once a day for two weeks.

2. If not adequately relieved, you should add Sucralfate syrup two teaspoons three times a day for a week.

3. For immediate pain relief, you can have the antispasmodic tablet Dicyclomine (Dicyclomine Hydrochloride) 20 mg or Hyoscine Butylbromide 10 mg whenever needed, up to three times a day.

|