Q. Will taking Anardana tablets cause stomach pain in a child?

Dr. Deepak Patel

My 4.5 years old son has taken 25 to 30 digestive Anardana tablets without our knowledge. From then, he complains about severe stomach pain after 1 to 2 hours. We have consulted the doctor and he gave an antibiotic course of four days which was completed. Problem is still there. We have done ultrasound, blood tests, urine test. All are fine except 1 to 2 pus cells in the urine. Then, we consulted alternative medicine doctor, he says that stop all medicines and only give a small quantity of milk mixed with water to him. Kindly suggest what to do.

#

I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. Since, it has been four days when your child has eaten Anardana tablets and the ultrasound and blood reports are normal, the child probably has developed acidity. Since you have already given antibiotics for four days, there is no point in continuing antibiotics.

In my opinion, you should give Digene syrup 5 ml three times a day for seven days to child and syrup Cyclopam 5 ml for pain on SOS basis. 1 to 2 pus cells in urine is a normal finding and nothing needs to be done for it. A small amount of milk with water also helps in reducing acidity. In all, I think that you should not worry much as the ultrasound report is also normal. Review after two days.

|