Q. I have abdominal pain soon after having food. Can you please prescribe some medicines?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am having abdominal pain due to gas for two to three days after having food. It happens mainly in the morning and evening after food. Pain is severe, so I had an Unienzyme to get some comfort. Could you kindly prescribe some medicine for this?

#

1. Can you please tell me about your symptoms in a bit in detail?
  2. Did this pain start suddenly or gradually?
  3. Did this pain felt in the back (radiating to back)?
  4. Is there any dark coloration of stools?
  5. Did you pass any blood in stools?
  6. Is there associated vomiting?

Knowing about them is crucial so that we do not miss severe conditions.

In the mean time, start following.

1. Capsule Omeprazole SR twice daily for seven days, followed by once daily for 14 days.

2. Avoid spicy foods, excess tea or coffee, etc., as of now.

3. If the symptoms are not reduced, further evaluation may be required.

After having food, within half an hour, bloating happens, and the pain starts. This issue started only two to three days before all of a sudden. I am already having back pain for one week due to lifting weights. So not sure whether this is also causing back pain or not. There is the dark coloration of the stool, and feeling little constipated. There is no blood in the stool and no tendency to vomit.

#

Thank you for letting me know this.

Three things worry me right now:

• Sudden pain in the stomach.
  • Back pain (isolated or related to stomach, not sure from your end).
  • Black colored stool.

I am not sure if you had similar symptoms or complaints in the past. It could be erosions in the stomach wall, bleeding stomach ulcer, or something related to the pancreas or intestine. I suggest you go to the nearest hospital for further examination to rule out conditions which can only be made by examining the patient. This is the maximum I can do remotely. Take care. You can write back to me once you visit a medical gastroenterologist.

| 

I am passing black stools since two days. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am passing black stools since two days. I am on medication since four months. The current medication I am taking is Irozorb and Cranbe. Please suggest me what to do.  Read Full »

Understanding Low Back Pain

Article Overview: Low back pain is commonly found in young and school going individuals these days unlike it was believed as a disease of old age. So this is a small article giving a basic understanding of low back pain in the young hard working generation. Read Article

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Low back pain is the second most common ailment with common cold being the first. Previously, low back pain was considered age-related, that is, mostly seen in older individuals. So, it was considered a pain due to weak muscles and weak bones. But nowadays, back pain is quite common in the young pop...  Read Article

How can I reduce chest and abdominal pain due to stomach ulcer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male. I have chest pain, abdominal pain from the last two months. Recently, I visited a gastroenterologist. He tested endoscopy, RUT and vitamin D. I have a small ulcer in the stomach, RUT test is also positive because of H.Pylori bacterial infection and vitamin D is be...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»