Stomach Upset

What could be the cause for diarrhea with loss of appetitie and dry mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, Every once a month at least I get a flare up of diarrhea where I go at least six times a day and nothing seems to settle my stomach. The stool itself has a weird texture, almost sand-like. Most of it float down but some do float up and there is mucus in it. Other symptoms I am experie...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have lost some weight since the start of symptoms? Do you have noticed any triggers (diets, stress, change in lifestyle, or drinking alcohol ) before such episodes? Alcohol has a large amount of fermentable carbohydrates which can cause diarrhea, gas, and bloa...  Read Full »

What causes a bitter taste, upset stomach, dizziness, and a rise in lymphocytes?

Query: I have been having a bitter taste,upset stomach, dizziness for about a month. A month ago i got labs everything was within normal ranges. My lymphocyte percentage was at 54% a week ago i have the same symptoms and Lymphocyte is at 56%. I am told its anxiety. Is that rise in lymphocyte normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Your lymphocyte percentage is not that significant to worry about. Still, it will be more informative if you can upload the full CBC panel for better analysis.. Your symptoms could be acid reflux induced gastritis or due to a stone in the gall bladder We need to investigate more before labell...  Read Full »

What can I do to fix mild abdominal pain after passing stools?

Query: Hello doctor, This morning I woke up and passed stools and had mild abdominal pain in the center of my belly. I went about my day and the pain is getting more intense. I defecated again and it still hurts. The pain feels like the worst gas of my life but I am not farting. I cannot afford to go to t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the onset of pain with a feeling of bloating, and change in intensity after passing stools suggest it is related to gas. You probably had something last night, or a few days back, which has caused you to this gastrointestinal upset. Well, this does not seem al...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent stomach upset with no problem in endoscopy and colonoscopy?

Query: Hello doctor, My stomach gets upset when I drink milk, orange juice, or even yogurt which is normally good for an upset stomach. I cannot digest banana, corn flakes, and many other foods, and it has been going on for a long time. I have been to many doctors and they had endoscopy and colonoscopy te...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your condition. So you see the diets you are kind of allergic to are containing milk protein. Yes, there are some diets that contain no milk, but the diet that predispose you to have stomch upset will disturb your stomach...  Read Full »

Why does anything I eat make my stool watery and upsets my stomach?

Query: Doctor everything is eat tends to upset my system, it causes me to stool(water) and sometimes when I have bowel movement I feel stomach pains. My stool has been watery for the past three months,went to the hospital did a stool test n the report was worm infection which I was given medications but to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Dear, I can understand your frustration while having such problem for so long. I have reviewed your history, but before jumping to tell you treatment, I would like to know your current body weight? and have you lost your weight for last 6 months? I also want to know what you do for living? How m...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for stomach upset and diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having stomach upset. In the morning, I had two sodas with onion curry, but it was made of coconut oil. I never had food made of coconut oil before. And, I had basmati rice and dal makan with channa and bit homemade puliyogare, it had become dry as it was kept in a tightly closed...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) You have mentioned the symptoms of stomach upset. Do you have abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting? This is important because, based on them, only it is possible to guess which part of the alimentary tract was affected by food. 2) Based on your details, y...  Read Full »

What causes rapid heart rate before bowel movement?

Query: Hi doctor,My heart rate goes up to 150 prior to bowel movements. This happens especially when I have an upset stomach. Please explain.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heart rate generally has no relation to bowel movements, but it may increase due to anxiety. Upset stomach can cause stress in body, leading to a rapid heartbeat. The maximum limit to which heart rate can increase is 220 for your age. If resting heart rate is below 100 p...  Read Full »

I have painful skin colored bump in penis. Is it syphilis?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed a skin colored bump on the underside of my penis. It is round and a little less than one inch in diameter. It feels to be hard when pressed and pains a little when pinched. Could this be syphilis?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern is furuncle. Start using T-bact ointment twice daily on the lesion and have plenty of water. This will help you. It is not syphilis.  Read Full »

Can Eldopar be used for children?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been experiencing some stomach ache since two hours. She went to the toilet and had loose stool, not exactly watery but loose. She is also complaining of vomiting feeling. Can I give her Eldopar? Is any antibiotic required for stomach infection? I have given her 5 mL of On...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Stomach ache, nausea and loose stools could be due to acute gastroenteritis, food poisoning or stomach upset. Child will need antibiotics, because this appears to be an infection. Eldopar contains Loperamide drug, which is used to stop loos...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »