Stomach Upset

Kindly suggest a solution for stomach upset and diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having stomach upset. In the morning, I had two sodas with onion curry, but it was made of coconut oil. I never had food made of coconut oil before. And, I had basmati rice and dal makan with channa and bit homemade puliyogare, it had become dry as it was kept in a tightly closed...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) You have mentioned the symptoms of stomach upset. Do you have abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting? This is important because, based on them, only it is possible to guess which part of the alimentary tract was affected by food. 2) Based on your details, y...  Read Full »

What causes rapid heart rate before bowel movement?

Query: Hi doctor,My heart rate goes up to 150 prior to bowel movements. This happens especially when I have an upset stomach. Please explain.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heart rate generally has no relation to bowel movements, but it may increase due to anxiety. Upset stomach can cause stress in body, leading to a rapid heartbeat. The maximum limit to which heart rate can increase is 220 for your age. If resting heart rate is below 100 p...  Read Full »

I have painful skin colored bump in penis. Is it syphilis?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed a skin colored bump on the underside of my penis. It is round and a little less than one inch in diameter. It feels to be hard when pressed and pains a little when pinched. Could this be syphilis?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern is furuncle. Start using T-bact ointment twice daily on the lesion and have plenty of water. This will help you. It is not syphilis.  Read Full »

Can Eldopar be used for children?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been experiencing some stomach ache since two hours. She went to the toilet and had loose stool, not exactly watery but loose. She is also complaining of vomiting feeling. Can I give her Eldopar? Is any antibiotic required for stomach infection? I have given her 5 mL of On...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Stomach ache, nausea and loose stools could be due to acute gastroenteritis, food poisoning or stomach upset. Child will need antibiotics, because this appears to be an infection. Eldopar contains Loperamide drug, which is used to stop loos...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

Should I seek medical help for the side effects of probiotics?

Query: Hi doctor, I had probiotics for two days as I was having issues with constipation and it helped me. Later, I got side effects of nausea, headache, cold and hot sweats, sleepiness, loss of appetite and going to the bathroom more often for the past three days. I discontinued probiotics. Should I seek ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a precise history. I want you to understand that the probiotics are a different type of good bacteria that takes over your gut flora and start settling in your intestines and take over the existing flora in the gut. Initially, starting...  Read Full »

Why am I suddenly having upset stomach with semi-solid stool and frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, Just two days back I suddenly experienced an upset stomach with just a semi-solid consistency of stool. However a day later, I found that I had the urge to pee more often than usual immediately after emptying my bladder. I am 40 years old and my last period was a month back. I am 5'3"...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes urine symptoms can happen whenever there is altered stool pattern. If there is any problem in stool passage, it may reflect as a burning sensation or frequency of urine as the nerve supply to both areas is same. In case there is no fever, and stomach is still up...  Read Full »

I am having loose-motions and bad appetite after taking curd. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past few months, I have been having acidity issues and I have been taking Sompraz 40 mg for the last 1.5 months. Last week I had some sweet curd which did not suit me well and the next day I started having semi-solid loose motions 4 to 5 times a day but had no fever. The next ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is possible that you had some infection after ingestion of curd. And subsequently, you got better. As you are not much symptomatic I would not advise any further empirical antibiotics. You can try tablet Rifaximine 400 mg twice a day after meals for 10 days along with ...  Read Full »

Can Aleve and Goody's powder cause stomach upset?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a migraine, so I took two tablets of Aleve. It did not work, so I took Goody's powder, but the pain was still there, so I took another one. The migraine pain has gone, but my stomach seems to be upset.  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your headache. Aleve (Naproxen) and Goody's powder (combination of Aspirin, Acetaminophen, and Caffeine) both contain NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Piroxicam, Diclofenac, etc. Although NSAIDs are very...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms of ringing in ears and mild headache suggestive of brain cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old boy since the last six months. I am feeling physical symptoms like a tight band wrapped around my head anytime, tightness and pain in the neck, ringing ears, stuffy nose, sneezing, upset stomach, bloating, gas, back pain, eye strain, red eyes, mild headaches above e...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your brain MRI is perfectly normal, so we can completely exclude any possible brain tumor. In my opinion, your symptoms are compatible with a tension-type headache, which is a benign type of headache related to psychological stress. I recommend performing yoga and re...  Read Full »