Strep Throat

I am less energetic, thirsty and nauseous feel. Is it due to the side effect of the medicine I had for Strep throat??

Query: Hello doctor, I feel less energetic, very thirsty, and my back has been giving me issues. Also from time to time, I had been feeling nauseous. Three weeks ago I had a strep throat so I was given antibiotics and afterward I got a yeast infection, so I am confused if the side effects from the medicine...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not to worry about your medication. Your doctor prescribed it after evaluating you. So may be less chance of side effects that causes yeast infection. It will depend on your hygiene, how you maintain it. And as you mentioned that you are feeling less energetic,...  Read Full »

Having sore throat, what does strep test positive mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have had a sore throat every day for almost a month. I had antibiotics already, but it did not work. What could be wrong with me? It is chronic and I have been more tired with this. Sometimes, I am getting a fever and belly pain. My laboratory test showed strep test...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have done strep test, which is a rapid test to find out whether the pharyngitis has bacterial origin. The strep test is positive and this means most probably the Streptococcus pyogenes detected in your throat is the causative organism for the ph...  Read Full »

Treatment for high fever and throat pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am having high fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit, continuous sneeze and throat pain in the morning. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be a streptococcal throat infection with a possible tonsillitis if you have difficulty in swallowing as well. High grade fever confirms a bacterial infection and hence, you have to be started on broad-spectrum antibiotics. I do suggest the following medi...  Read Full »

What to do if strep test is positive, but my symptoms are like viral?

Query: Hi doctor, During my travel I had a sore throat, 102 degree fever and back aches. I did not have a stuffy nose or congestion. I previously had bladder infection three weeks ago and the doctor whom I visited in that place prescribed me Levofloxacin. I think he was treating me for a kidney infection, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strep pharyngitis is usually graded by modified center criteria. I do not have all the elements to plug in the numbers. Classically, you should have fever, exudates on the tonsils and posterior pharynx, cervical lymph node enlargement and absence of cough. Your posi...  Read Full »

Are the symptoms related to strep throat?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an itchy throat that appeared after headaches, fatigue, and nausea. I have pink bumps on the back of my throat only and they cause me to cough and feel an itchy sensation in my throat. At first I thought that my mouth was just dry or I had a cold but I have never had bumps on jus...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like pills induced pharyngitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Iron pills can cause pill esophagitis as theses can be stuck along anywhere up to the stomach. If you have any fever, you can take some soothing lozenges, Cepacol (Benzocaine and M...  Read Full »