Q. Please help me concentrate and study well for my exams.

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

I have an exam tomorrow, but I am not studying at all. The whole day I did not study. I am not even feeling sleepy, but still not opening my book. Two exams got over and I wrote them well. But now, I do not know what I am doing. Please help me concentrate and read for my exams.

#

• It seems to me that until now you have studied well and at this point you feel exhausted. However, it is important to revise in the final days of any exam to recall and solidify the knowledge.
  • I would suggest you to first relax yourself every morning by doing pranayama and meditation. 15 minutes of dedicated meditation and pranayama exercises will help your mind relax and focus on recalling the material.
  • You may also go for a brisk walk for half an hour, as to refresh yourself.
  • Secondly, diet is very important. You should include more green leafy vegetables, fruits and whole grains like oats in your diet, in order to keep up the energy levels while you revise.
  • If you are a vegetarian, then the diet is lacking in vitamin B12, which you can get by eating fresh curd twice a day.
  • You can also take a supplement of vitamins and Becosule-Z capsules once a day are useful.
  • To summarize, you will need to relax your mind first and then your body, in order to become energized and focus on the study in these last crucial moments.
  • Try and not let the stress or anxiety hamper your performance. Focus on your strength and hard work. You are a sincere student and your efforts will be certainly rewarded in form of good grades. Wish you all the best.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|