Q. Please help me concentrate and study well for my exams.

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania
Published on Mar 25, 2016

I have an exam tomorrow, but I am not studying at all. The whole day I did not study. I am not even feeling sleepy, but still not opening my book. Two exams got over and I wrote them well. But now, I do not know what I am doing. Please help me concentrate and read for my exams.

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

• It seems to me that until now you have studied well and at this point you feel exhausted. However, it is important to revise in the final days of any exam to recall and solidify the knowledge.
  • I would suggest you to first relax yourself every morning by doing pranayama and meditation. 15 minutes of dedicated meditation and pranayama exercises will help your mind relax and focus on recalling the material.
  • You may also go for a brisk walk for half an hour, as to refresh yourself.
  • Secondly, diet is very important. You should include more green leafy vegetables, fruits and whole grains like oats in your diet, in order to keep up the energy levels while you revise.
  • If you are a vegetarian, then the diet is lacking in vitamin B12, which you can get by eating fresh curd twice a day.
  • You can also take a supplement of vitamins and Becosule-Z capsules once a day are useful.
  • To summarize, you will need to relax your mind first and then your body, in order to become energized and focus on the study in these last crucial moments.
  • Try and not let the stress or anxiety hamper your performance. Focus on your strength and hard work. You are a sincere student and your efforts will be certainly rewarded in form of good grades. Wish you all the best.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

What can be done to reduce high vitamin B12 level?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Vitamin B medication for over one year and my Vitamin B12 level is very high, greater than 2000. What should I do to reduce the level? I am 27 years female. Please advise.  Read Full »

Can Spirulina 500 mg tablet replace body's vitamin B and folic acid requirements?

Query: Hi doctor, Can Spirulina 500 mg tablet be taken twice to replace the intake of 2.5 mg folic acid and vitamin B?  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now