Q. I am always stressed, and behaving rudely. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
Published on Oct 18, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 21, 2019

I am 28 years old male, and unmarried. I am always in stress and thinking over some past incidents and future as well as present possibilities. I sleep only for 5-6 hours at night. I always behave rudely with others. Many times I think that I should run away out of this. I try controlling myself always, and every minute is bombing inside me, and I have headaches and frustration.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

It appears that you have some traumatic or stressful life events that still bothers you. Your stress has started affecting you physically as well. It is better to have some counseling sessions to do some catharsis and learn relaxation strategies. Also, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) will help you to challenge your fears and encounter your stress levels.

Following may also help:

1. Deep breathing exercises.

2. Walk for at least 30 minutes per day.

3. Workout, if possible, to release toxins out of your body.

4. Reduce smoking, if you do.

5. Avoid junk, spicy foods, and soft drinks.

6. Increase water intake.

7. Thought diary or journaling will be also helpful for analyzing and restructuring of thoughts (underlying cause) of the problem.

| 

My ECG shows irregular beats. Can this be due to stress and lack of sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken my ECG using a device. I have been getting these irregular beats for about a week. Sometimes I think I have been getting some slight chest pain also but not sure if that is a placebo-like effect or not. My uncle who is a doctor thinks they are ectopic beats in relation to...  Read Full »

I am on Celexa and Xanax for OCD, but there is no improvement. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male who has suffered from OCD for the majority of my life. My psychiatrist has changed Celexa to 40 mg, and I am taking this dose for two months now. I have a feeling of mania, anxiety and I am unable to deal with it. I also feel impulsive, and sometimes I feel great,...  Read Full »

I get anxiety while making eye contact. Please help.

Query: Hey doctor, I have been shy for as long as I remember. Not sure when I started suffering from social anxiety, I guess it built up slowly. Probably started in the middle of my teenage years. I am 32 now. I have been able to get through pretty good during the years. However, something really nasty st...  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now