Q. I am always stressed and underestimating myself. Is it due to anxiety?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2021

I feel like I am suffering from anxiety. I am not able to express myself, and I am always stressed. I am always silent and do not talk, which makes me serious and boring. I get negative thoughts and underestimate myself.

#

• You seem to be having an inferiority complex, which is why you are tensed about every small thing in life. You also seem to be suffering from chronic emptiness, which is why you feel boring.
  • Be calm and think. Give time for your feelings and focus on your career at present. Indulge in physical activities, it will keep you mentally and physically healthy.
  • Get a new hobby and you will slowly come out of it. After all, life is much more than all this.
  • I suggest taking tablet Zosert (Sertraline) 50 mg, twice daily along with tablet Lonazep (Clonazepam) 0.5 mg at night, for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

You can review with me for further follow-up.

For more information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

Thank you for replying. Where can I get a prescription for these medicines?

#

• Consult a nearby psychologist, he or she will be able to give you a prescription.

For further queries consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|