Q. I fall accidently when I feel stressed. Please advice.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2019

I am 21 years old. My problem is related to mental issues in which at the moment when I feel more stress, I will fall accidentally at that place. I take medication from a psychiatrist. My problem started before a year, and today I will be in that problem. Please help me to overcome from this problem.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

I understand that you are facing some distress in your life due to some factors. I am afraid you have not mentioned any stressor specifically. That would be more helpful in advising adequate management strategies. However, in general, stress damages, both physical and mental health. Therefore reducing stress remedies is suggested at both levels, including behavioral changes.

At first, you must need to get proper assessment identifying cause of stress, whether its work-related or some personal issue. It can be done by analyzing thought processes when you have any symptom.

Other strategies may help,

1. Deep breathing exercises

2. Walk for at least 30 minutes per day.

3. Workout if possible to release toxins out of your body.

4. Reduce smoking (if you do).

5. Avoid junk and spicy food, soft drinks.

6. Increase water intake.

7. Thought diary or journaling would be also helpful for analyzing and restructuring of thoughts (underlying cause) of the problem.

You can also have an appointment with the counselor to help you in assessing and provide you with individualized therapy as per requirement.

I had severe palpitations but my ECG and echo are normal. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an episode of severe palpitations early this year, following which I went through ECG, 2D echo, stress test, and troponin. All the tests were normal. I have been experiencing intermittent chest, neck, and back pain since two yrars. The doctor started with Nebicard SM 5 mg, which ...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my depression?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full »

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »