Q. I feel stressed due to work pressure. Please help me.

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 28, 2021

I would like to take leave from work due to stress. I cannot handle being the only one with answering the calls and dealing customers. I am seriously overwhelmed with my job. I have eye twitches and anxiety over this work pressure. Please help me.

#

I completely understand that you feel stressed due to workload. As you mentioned that you are experiencing anxiety symptoms, you urgently need to visit a psychologist in order to deal with your stress and anxiety symptoms.

Eye twitches may be due to anxiety, stress, and mental confusion.

You need a detailed interview by psychologist regarding your condition, the cause of stress, personality factors involved in your dealing with people and work-related issues.

You are suggested to learn the following coping strategies to deal with workload and anxiety.
1. Stress management training.
2. Relaxation exercise.
3. Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) techniques to deal with anxiety.

I appreciate that you consulted at the initial stage of your disturbance. Delay in treatment may further cause you problems at workplace and home.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|