Q. Why am I having stress and anxiety at a young age?

Mohammed Wajid

I am a 19-year-old female. I am suffering from anxiety and stress, due to which I am having my headache. I am also not able to focus on my studies. I have my exam in five days. I have been facing this concentration issue for the last two months. Please advise.

#

I shall suggest you coping skills and techniques. It is essential to know you probably will not be motivated to do any of them at first because depression frequently kills motivation. In other words, know that it is normal to feel unmotivated until you are halfway done. However, I will suggest the following things that will help you overcome the situation.

1) Find ways to be helpful to others.

2) Make goals that give you a sense of accomplishment.

3) Schedule activities or events.

4) Stay in the present.

5) Exercise and eat the right food.

6) Focus on people who motivate you.

7) Try to have atleast 8 to 9 hours of sleep.

8) Visualize happy memories.

9) Take a different view; make plans.

10) Find something to look forward to.

Depression lingers when patients make up why they cannot do these things. No matter what medication you are taking, doing several of these activities every day, especially when you do not feel like it, is vital to treat depression. These positive coping skills may take time and practice, but if we do not take the time to be well now, the periods of “unwellness” may be forced upon you later. Also, it is better to consult with a psychiatrist or psychologist in-person once for a better opinion. I hope this helps.

Thank you

|