Common "Stress" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Stress is the body's biological reaction to any unpleasant stimuli. The symptoms of stress are increased heart rate, breathing fast, high blood pressure, insomnia, stomach upset, dry mouth, nervousness, etc. Stress as such is not bad, but prolonged periods of stress might affect your health.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have been unable to sleep for the last four years. I do not want to take sleeping pills. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My married life is not good. I am thinking of filing a divorce. I have been unable to sleep for the last four years properly. I do not want to take sleeping pills. Please help.Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Follow the steps of sleep hygiene. Do not drink tea and coffee before sleep. Stop watching television, mobile, or laptop before 30 minutes of sleep. Fix your sleep schedule. Have a light diet and avoid refined sugars and a high protein diet....  Read Full »

I am worried about my relationship with my mother-in-law. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am depressed and have relationship conflict. I am unable to understand my issues with mother-in-law over things that I could easily ignore and move on. I am over sensitive and tend to get heart breaks every while. I fight with my husband because of weird situations with my mother-in-law...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to These issues sometimes arouse in married life but can be solved amicably. You should sit with your mother-in-law and express your feelings and also listen to her concerns and try to chalk out a solution. Also, you should work on stress management. Some steps for stress...  Read Full »

How do I get off my distractions and study well?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old. I have many questions in life to which I cannot find an answer. My parents ran a school and naturally, I attended the same. Even though I did not work very hard, I used to top the class. But, when I reached the fifth grade, I got distracted easily and did not study wel...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The main problem which I picked from your description is that you get tensed about studying. You have set up a self-image of a guy who is poor in studies and cannot succeed. I think you are too harsh on yourself. Every individual is unique in his own sense and is not n...  Read Full »

I am a 27-year-old doctor experiencing severe mood swings and emitting frustration on my partner. How can I overcome it?

Query: I am a 27-year-old, 4 feet and 9 inches tall, and weigh 88.1 pounds. I am an unemployed MBBS doctor. I completed my MBBS in another country and am constantly failing medical clearance in my country. I used to have a lot of disputes with my fianc√© because of his previous relationship, and every time...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to First and foremost, I would like to emphasize that it is irrelevant what others think of you. Sometimes you have no control over events or what people do, but you can choose how to deal with them. Certain steps that might be helpful to you include: employing a flexible...  Read Full »

I had been experiencing major headaches, irritability, oversleepiness, and anti-social behavior, especially during stressful times. What can be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,In the past, I had experiencing major headaches, irritability, oversleepiness, and anti-social behavior, especially during stressful times. After a period, I felt normal again. I completed a diploma in auditing, but I faced difficulties with a government job contract due to the recurren...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. While your description suggests that bipolar disorder could be a possibility, it is essential to remember that a proper diagnosis requires a detailed evaluation by a psychiatrist. I encourage you to consult a psychiatrist in person to recei...  Read Full »

I feel agitated, and hopeless, and experience mood swings. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I feel agitated and hopeless and I have mood swings. I am unable to sleep, and I do not want to eat, but I just want to stop overthinking and not stress my head because of the migraine.Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to A detailed evaluation is needed to arrive at a diagnosis. Kindly consult a psychiatrist in person for detailed evaluation and treatment. Besides, certain things can help. Practice meditation daily for at least half an hour in the morning. Relaxation techniques can ...  Read Full »

Can thyroid problems cause stress and anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have TSH 6.01. My T3 and T4 are normal. I feel stressed with anxiety. I cannot sleep at night. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Though your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is raised, it does not require treatment with Thyroxine but needs monitoring. Follow steps of sleep hygiene such as sleeping and waking up at regular time, avoiding caffeinated drinks at least 8 hours before sleep, avoid u...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to last longer during sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing the issue of pme during sex. I do not last for even 10 seconds. Normally come even during the foreplay of 2 to 3 minutes which involves kissing and touching. I tried the medicines below (prescription attached) for three months, but no help. Please assist. I am feeling very gu...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Do not worry. Treatment is possible. Do not worry if one treatment fails. There are several other options available. You need to consult a specialist, i.e., a psychiatrist, in person for evaluation, and treatment can then be given accordingly. Besides following step...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.