Q. I recovered from left side paralysis. Why do I face difficulty in left leg while walking?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Published on Nov 13, 2018

I am a 31-year-old male, and my weight is 52 kilograms. I am a brain stroke recovered patient. My left side got paralyzed before two years. Now, I am doing all my movements independently. My blood pressure remains low in 100 by 70 mmHg. I face a problem while walking on the left side, in the legs middle, forefinger and there is thumb pain. When I move from an average temperature to cold temperature, I started to have pain in my left leg fingers. Please help.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

I suggest you wear well-cushioned footwear made of MCR (microcellular rubber) material. It will help you to reduce the impact on the bone while walking and it reduces the pain. Keep yourself warm by wearing socks and avoid exposure to cold. Pain in cold temperature occurs due to decreased blood flow to the foot. Do continuous exercise to maintain function, and this will also help you to come out from your current issues. Keep walking regularly.

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full >>

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing the brief history of your daughter. I am sorry firstly to hear that your daughter is being diagnosed with Erb's palsy. Well, I would suggest you to continue physiotherapy for atleast three days a week as it will be of good help for her. Usuall...  Read Full

MRI shows stroke and brain changes. Is it due to untreated sleep apnea?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient underwent extensive routine physical examination including MR/CT imaging and laboratory analysis earlier this month. The MR Brain shows evidence of lacunar stroke and ischemic brain changes. Please advise if these might be connected to untreated obstructive sleep apnea (mor...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully went through your question and the patient's medical history. I reviewed her medical report and the uploaded brain MRI study (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that those changes are indicative of small vessel disease, whic...  Read Full

I am getting intense back pain and cramps. Could this be a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 17 year old female. I am on the birth control pill Azurette and have had unprotected sex with the combined pull out method and the pill. Lately, I have been feeling intense back pain to the point of the inability to lay down in bed and extreme difficulty walking. Also, severe cramp...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe you are taking your pills regularly as needed. The chance of getting pregnant with regular intake of pills is almost nil. But, if pregnancy happens with pills, the chance of abnormal pregnancy like ectopic is high. Also, I would like to mention that birth contro...  Read Full

Ask a Physiotherapist Now