Q. I recovered from left side paralysis. Why do I face difficulty in left leg while walking?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I am a 31-year-old male, and my weight is 52 kilograms. I am a brain stroke recovered patient. My left side got paralyzed before two years. Now, I am doing all my movements independently. My blood pressure remains low in 100 by 70 mmHg. I face a problem while walking on the left side, in the legs middle, forefinger and there is thumb pain. When I move from an average temperature to cold temperature, I started to have pain in my left leg fingers. Please help.

#

I suggest you wear well-cushioned footwear made of MCR (microcellular rubber) material. It will help you to reduce the impact on the bone while walking and it reduces the pain. Keep yourself warm by wearing socks and avoid exposure to cold. Pain in cold temperature occurs due to decreased blood flow to the foot. Do continuous exercise to maintain function, and this will also help you to come out from your current issues. Keep walking regularly.

|