iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersNeurologystrokeMy mother got a brain stroke. What is the treatment?

My mother had brain stroke. Could you help us with the treatment?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 24, 2017
Reviewed AtAugust 14, 2023

Patient's Query

My mother, who is 65 years old, had a brain stroke. Could you help us with the treatment? I have attached the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) report for your information.

Answered by Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Welcome to icliniq.com. By looking at the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that the patient had left PCA territory stroke (posterior cerebral artery). The treatment of stroke cannot be dictated just by seeing the MRI report. The doctor needs to see the patient clinically and assess her completely. Also, we need to do many investigations for searching possible causes of stroke and avoiding the complications. If it is an acute stroke, then I suggest you get her admitted to the hospital. If it is either second or third stroke attack, then send all the reports and hospital summary for better understanding and judgment. She will require life-long blood thinner medicines. But, the exact dose and medicines can only be suggested after a complete assessment of the patient.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Hitesh Kumar
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Neurology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Neurology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy