Q. My mother had brain stroke. Could you help us with the treatment?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 31, 2021

My mother, who is 65 years old, had a brain stroke. Could you help us with the treatment? I have attached the MRI report for your information.

#

• By looking at the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that the patient had left PCA territory stroke (posterior cerebral artery).
  • The treatment of stroke cannot be dictated just by seeing the MRI report. The doctor needs to see the patient clinically and assess her completely.
  • Also, we need to do many investigations for searching possible causes of stroke and avoiding the complications.
  • If it is an acute stroke, then I suggest you get her admitted to the hospital.
  • If it is either second or third stroke attack, then send all the reports and hospital summary for better understanding and judgment.
  • She will require life-long blood thinner medicines. But, the exact dose and medicines can only be suggested after a complete assessment of the patient.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|