Q. Could increase in WBC count could be a reason for reoccurrence of stye?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2019

I have a stye, and it is reoccurring from 15 days. As my CBC report, hemoglobin is 11.8, and RBC is 4.02, and WBC is 10200. So is it because of the increase in WBC?

#

I reviewed your history. A stye is because of bacterial infection of glands if eyelids. Since this is infection WBC count is expected yo increase. WBC count in your cade is within normal limits, up to 11,000 is normal, no need to worry. The recurrence is because if recurrence of infection and recurrences occur in people with risk factors like blepharitis, exposure to dust. Hence consult your eye doctor to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly. As of now, you need to use antibiotic eye ointment and hot compression.

|