Q. I feel weird after smoking marijuana. Why?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I smoked marijuana the day before yesterday night. I was all right in the morning. When I went to college, I felt strange to my hands (especially left hand) and both the legs. But, in the noon it disappeared. When I smoked in the noon, that strange feeling came back to me again. From that moment onwards I feel weird. I could not sleep and get bad dreams. Today is the third day, and still, I have the problems. Please help.

Dr. Alka

#

• The symptoms you have mentioned here are the short term side effects of marijuana.
  • Short term memory problems, fear, panic, hallucinations, anxiety, strange behavior, increased heart rate and many other psychological symptoms are all symptoms of having marijuana.
  • If you would not leave it, then it would further lead to severe long term side effects like lowering of IQ, impaired thinking, depression, anxiety, addiction, etc. So, I advise you to quit the habit of marijuana immediately and consult a nearby de-addiction center as soon as possible.
  • Along with treatment from the de-addictioncenter, you can try all the following home remedies too.
  • Take the hot soaking bath as it will help you. Drink plenty of liquids and clear fluids. Cranberry juice is very useful as it helps in the cleansing of the body so that you can take one or two glasses of juice every day.
  • Add fruits like banana, melon, citrus fruits, and green vegetables in your diet. Avoid heavy and fatty food until you become normal. Avoid tea, coffee, and cold drinks.
  • Take one glass of luke warm milk with some cardamom powder added to it before sleeping. It will help you in induce sleeping.
  • Try all these and consult a nearby physician and do not have marijuana again. Thank you.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|