Suicidal Ideations

I am depressed about my father's behavior as he is an alcoholic. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am studying final year petroleum engineering. Nowadays, I do not know what is going on in my life. I was a topper during school days, and at hat time I was in my grandparent's home. When I moved to class 9, I came back to my parents. My father uses to drink a lot. He uses to get home ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. The family conflicts may lead to sad life and poor grades in exams. In my opinion, it will be best if you will communicate with your dad regarding this issue. If he still does not understand, then try to avoid him. You are young. Try to co...  Read Full »

I am a transgender with a cleft palate. How to get cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Since I was a kid, I was always bullied because I was born to be a cleft palate. Also, I am a transgender. My parents, especially my father did not care for me. Instead, he will just keep on scolding me. He will compare me to my other relatives, and he will hurt me. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are going through a tough time, but it is not your fault. Being born with a cleft or any other anomaly is not under any one's control, and there is no use of thinking about the things that we cannot change. What is in our hand is how we cope with the stressors. Cle...  Read Full »

I miss my best friend and feel depressed. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old boy. Last year, I made a very best friend. He was like my second half. He used to share each and everything with me. A few months back, I saw him with his ex-girlfriend, and they were in a relationship now. He never told me that. She lives near my home, and my friend...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. This is completely normal at the age of 18 years. You like your friend as a friend and not as a partner. He was very close to you, but it does not mean you are gay. This is a very common feeling at your age. At this age, we can get attra...  Read Full »

Why am I having rapid mood swings and ideas about suicide?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have rapid mood swings, and I space out a lot like I have no awareness of what is going on around me. When someone tries to snap me out of it, I lash out. I think about suicide a lot, and I have a history of self-harm, and I have started to drink alcohol to fe...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting mood problems, history of self-harm and suicidal ideation. When you say you are spacing out, you are possibly describing dissociation which can be a result of high-stress levels. You will benefit by talking to your doctor or a counsellor to clarify ...  Read Full »

I am skeptical regarding the drugs prescribed to me. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a panic disorder and severe insomnia worsened by my anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Ambien 5 mg or Zolfresh 5 mg at night, Paxil-CR 12.5 mg at night, Etizolam 0.5 mg twice a day and Divalproex 500 mg once in a day. I also have suicidal ideations when I do not sleep well and gets p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and understand your concerns. If your diagnosis is panic disorder, anxiety and major depressive disorder, then the prescription of Paxil CR (Paroxetine) and Etizolam is completely on the line of treatment and I do not feel anybody should rais...  Read Full »

Can skipping Lexapro tablets cause suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken antidepressants, in particular, Lexapro 20/10 mg for about five years for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately, I had stopped taking the anti-depressants cold turkey for about a month and a half due to negligence on my part. During the month and a half, I only expe...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  It is unlikely for Lexapro (Escitalopram) to cause this symptom, especially when you have been taking it for the last five years. Though there are a few reports of emergent suicidal thoughts as a part of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) discontinuation ...  Read Full »

How to overcome the feeling of hopelessness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55-year-old man. I have been suffering from depression for the last five months. I have been feeling tired and hopeless. I want your help for recovery. I am currently on Fluvoxin 50 mg BD.  Read Full »

Dr. K. V. Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Depressive disorder or depression is a neurochemical disorder. A suicidal tendency is one main symptom of depression. You should be able to distinguish between mental disease and mental disorder. Your problem is a mental disorder and not ...  Read Full »