Q. Thoughts about my breakup haunt me and I feel lonely. Please help.

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

I am feeling alone in life. I came to work abroad and fortunately got a job at a clothes shop and running it for a year. But, I have not been able to save to help my family. I feel weak and no proper food I am eating. I do not want to deal with customers at the shop. My past breakup thoughts haunt me and I feel lonely here. I cannot go back home because I do not have any money to help my family. Sometimes, I think about committing suicide.

Do you have a question on Suicidal Thoughts or Depression?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

MBBS., MD
Psychiatry

You are suffering from depression because of your situation. I suggest you take a few medications as you are having suicidal ideations too.

SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Escitalopram and Sertraline will help you in early recovery. Visit a nearby psychiatrist and take the medicine with their consent.

Keep confidence in yourself, this phase will be over too. Keep faith in yourself. All these problems are temporary and will improve with time.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

I do not want to get married and often get suicidal thoughts. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I do not know what disease I am suffering from but it is killing me deep down. I do not want to get married, my parents are forcing me. Please help. It is going on from past 3 to 4 months. At times, I feel like going away from the house or to kill myself but then I see towards my fami...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us summarize your complaints, thoughts of running away from the current situation, occasional suicidal ideas, avoidance of marriage. Marriage is a cause of joy but it is a stress in itself. So, maybe you are trying to avoid further stress because you are overwhel...  Read Full »

How to cope with breakup after long term relationship?
Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. It was a relationship of five years. Even today, I am not able to forget her. I keep thinking about her. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel lonely. What do I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relationship issues need to be settled down before it starts disturbing you. You have to fully understand what it will lead to and how it will affect your life in the long run. When you get into any relationship for more than a year, you start associating and sharing y...  Read Full »

Can skipping Lexapro tablets cause suicidal thoughts?
Query: Hello doctor, I have taken antidepressants, in particular, Lexapro 20/10 mg for about five years for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately, I had stopped taking the anti-depressants cold turkey for about a month and a half due to negligence on my part. During the month and a half, I only expe...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  It is unlikely for Lexapro (Escitalopram) to cause this symptom, especially when you have been taking it for the last five years. Though there are a few reports of emergent suicidal thoughts as a part of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) discontinuation ...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now