HomeAnswersPsychiatrysuicidal thoughtsI have been feeling suicidal and depressed. Please help.

What are the possible causes of depression and suicidal thoughts?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 16, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 6, 2023

Patient's Query

I am feeling suicidal. I always feel sad and depressed. My fiance highly neglects me. I am not satisfied with my career as well. Even though I know my situation, I am not doing anything about it. I have no energy to fight back or take any action. Please help.

Thanks.

I understand your concern.

If you are not happy with your fiance, then think about it. You are going to stay with him your whole life. If you are unhappy with him, then moving on from him is better. You have a major depressive disorder. You must follow the below lifestyle to deal with it. It will help you.

1. Do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk. It will boost energy.
  2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily, sit in one place in a comfortable position, and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, do not stop or force yourself to control your thoughts. It will relax you.
  3. You should eat healthy home-cooked food and avoid junk food.
  4. You must drink enough water.
  5. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family. Discuss your relationship matter with your parents.
  6. It would help if you spent time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments.
  7. You should take enough eight hours of sleep daily.
  8. It will help if you avoid tobacco or alcohol, or any substance abuse.

Do the following blood reports: complete blood count, thyroid profile, vitamin B12, and vitamin D3. If you still have symptoms that persist after six weeks, then you need to start medications for a short duration.

I hope this information will help you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Psychiatry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

suicidal thoughtsdepression

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Psychiatry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy