Surgery Healing

How long does it take for tissues to grow into the mesh after hernia surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My questions are related to da Vinci bilateral hernia repair with mesh. How long does it take for the tissues to completely grow into the mesh? What is the time window for rejection of the mesh after the surgery? What is the time window for developing infection after the surgery? Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hernia surgery can be done with two approaches, open surgery or minimal access surgery. The minimal access approach includes either conventional laparoscopic surgery or robotic surgery. Healing allows fibrosis to occur in the surgery area and the extent of fibrosis is ...  Read Full »

Why is my wound itching unbearably?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a grafting surgery on my chest for which a skin was removed partially from my leg. The problem is in my leg from where the skin was extracted. It has converted to an infection with small red bumps, pimple and unbearable itching. I am attaching the picture. It has been like this f...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the picture, there is no infection seen (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Only post procedure pigmentation is there at present. You have itching due to healing. Any skin wound during healing cause bit itching. You continue taking Teczine 5 mg (Levocetir...  Read Full »

How long does bullhorn lip lift take to heal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old female and a weightlifter. I have had a bullhorn lip lift. My doctor advised me to avoid sports for three weeks and can start with my routine works later. But, I need a second opinion. I pull and push hard to my limits. So, my blood pressure might be high at this moment...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. In bullhorn lip lift procedure, a single bull horn shaped excision of skin immediately beneath both nostrils shaped like a mini mustache. Closing the wound lifts the right, central, and left portions of the upper lip. In your case it is not clear...  Read Full »

How can I avoid scarring during recovery from a plica removal surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a plica removal surgery six days ago. How do I ensure a good recovery, without scarring inside the knee? How much can I and how much should I exercise in this knee, and how?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plica is a tissue that remains behind when the knee joint is formed (from multiple small pockets). In some, it may be a very tough structure and cause rubbing when the knee bends. Once excised it will not grow back and movements will not make this worse. You are allo...  Read Full »

I had a frenuloplasty of the penis, the stitches have come apart. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a frenuloplasty of the penis ten days back. It all seemed fine at first, and I had very little pain. I have to say the actual incision and stitches were a lot larger than what I was previously led to believe. I have been washing gently with salt water and rinsing twice daily. I too...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are correct, a few stitches have come apart. Your doctor is also right, this wound looks healthy. You may continue with your daily care till it heals completely. At this point in time, the only best th...  Read Full »

How effective is a bone graft from the pelvis for nonunion from bunionectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, How effective is a bone graft from the person's pelvic area for a non-union from a bunionectomy? This is regarding the first metatarsal of my left foot. I had two previous bone grafts for non-union after bunionectomy. The bone was not taken from my body. I have had bunionectomy in bot...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Autologous bone grafts which are procured from one's own bone are the best option wherever a graft is needed. Amongst the autologous bone grafts, the iliac (pelvic bone) grafts are the workhorse of all grafting procedures. These autologous grafts provide all the requir...  Read Full »

I had an incisional hernia fix a month back, and now the incision is draining pus. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had seven abdominal surgeries, namely gastric bypass, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, exploratory laparoscopy, panniculectomy, ventral hernia repair, mesh removal from hernia repair with exploratory laparoscopy, and recently open epigastric incisional hernia fix a month back. Imme...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very unfortunate that you had to go through all that. After reviewing the information shared and your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears you are suffering from surgical site infection. Following are the possibilities: Infection a...  Read Full »