Q. How can I ensure healing without scarring after a plica removal surgery?

Dr. Atul Prakash
Published on Dec 31, 2018

I had a plica removal surgery six days ago. How do I ensure a good recovery, without scarring inside the knee? How much can I and how much should I exercise in this knee, and how?

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

Plica is a tissue that remains behind when the knee joint is formed (from multiple small pockets). In some, it may be a very tough structure and cause rubbing when the knee bends. Once excised it will not grow back and movements will not make this worse. You are allowed to do everything as soon as the pain and swelling subside.

I had an incisional hernia fix a month back, and now the incision is draining pus. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had seven abdominal surgeries, namely gastric bypass, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, exploratory laparoscopy, panniculectomy, ventral hernia repair, mesh removal from hernia repair with exploratory laparoscopy, and recently open epigastric incisional hernia fix a month back. Imme...  Read Full »

What shall I do for unbearable itching of wound?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a grafting surgery on my chest for which a skin was removed partially from my leg. The problem is in my leg from where the skin was extracted. It has converted to an infection with small red bumps, pimple and unbearable itching. I am attaching the picture. It has been like this f...  Read Full »

Is Surgery The Only Option For Knee Buckling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I have been having knee buckling problem for some time. The problem started in the right knee about four years back and since then I have stopped sports. However, at times during some movement or jerk, I get this buckling problem and pain for two to three day...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now