Q. How can I ensure healing without scarring after a plica removal surgery?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I had a plica removal surgery six days ago. How do I ensure a good recovery, without scarring inside the knee? How much can I and how much should I exercise in this knee, and how?

#

Plica is a tissue that remains behind when the knee joint is formed (from multiple small pockets). In some, it may be a very tough structure and cause rubbing when the knee bends. Once excised it will not grow back and movements will not make this worse. You are allowed to do everything as soon as the pain and swelling subside.

|