Surgical Excision Of Hemorrhoids

How to get rid of anal pain caused by hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this. Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus openi...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern for her health. As you have given every possible analgesic and the pain is not relieved, I think the hemorrhoid has strangulated. It means it is entrapped within the anal sphincter. I suggest tablet Acena...  Read Full »

External Hemorrhoid Relief

Query: Hi doctor, I am a software engineer. I got an external hemorrhoid for the past two days. There is no bleeding, but it is painful. Also, there is no constipation as such. Seven months back, it used to happen frequently and it used to go away on its own in a few days. I was exercising earlier and now ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can apply Anovate cream (Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lignocaine) for three to five times a day. Remember, all the local acting cream has duration of action of four to six hours and need to be applied again. If pain is severe, then try oral medication like Do...  Read Full »

My hemorrhoid surgery postponed due to low HB. How to prevent further anal shrinkage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old woman suffering from hemorrhoids. I have a feeling that my anus is reducing in size. My doctor has advised me to do a surgery for removing it. But my hemoglobin levels are low. So my doctor recommended me to increase the hemoglobin levels. I am taking iron supplements ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to remove piles through surgery as it is increasing in size. Anal shrinkage is not a complication of piles. Because of the enlargement seen in piles, the anal area looks shrank. You can take a stool softener for piles like Cremaffin syrup (Liquid paraffin with ...  Read Full »

My wife could notice blood in her stools.Could you please advise us with proper guidance?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife (age 33 years) has been suffering from piles related issues since last 10 years. It occurred after her delivery (in 2003) and was harmless at that time. We are having an eleven year old daughter. Recently she started experiencing pain and itching while going to toilet. Also sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It seems like your wife has second degree hemorrhoids which has also led to her fissure. The good news is that it can be managed medically. The first line of management is medical management. Itching is a very common manifestation, which is a...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have pain and tightness post hemorrhoidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I had hemorrhoidectomy before six weeks. I still feel some pain and tightness while sitting. Is this normal after six weeks? I think I have anal stenosis. Stool is difficult to pass even when soft. Always have to strain and never passes naturally. I know I have a hard scar tissue. I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not normal. Pain could be due to fissure and stenosis of the anal opening, but it needs a physical examination to confirm it. I would suggest drinking lots of water, have fiber diet and chew the bolus properly to avoid constipation. You can also try any stool...  Read Full »

Is it possible for the tumor to spread without lymph node involvement?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend is suffering from metastatic liver disease. The primary site has been found to be anal canal. The primary tumor was very difficult to find as it was not visible on PET or colonoscopy. It only felt on digital rectal examination. Biopsy of the primary tumor as well as the liver...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anal basaloid tumors are potentially metastatic. Metastasis may occur in one of three ways. Either through escape of cancer cells into lymphatic vessels or through venous drainage or by direct metastases to adjacent organs. In your friend's condition, the metastasis occu...  Read Full »

My girlfriend gets blood in stool. How to get it cured?

Query: Hi doctor,My girlfriend has piles. She gets blood along with stool. She is 22 years old. How to get it cured? How to get some relief from this? Is piles operation a complicated one? How many days should she need to take rest after this operation? Is there any restriction in food?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Blood in stools can be from upper gastrointestinal (UGI) or from lower gastrointestinal (LGI). The dark altered blood is from upper GI bleed and fresh blood is mostly from the lower GI tract. We need to evaluate various possibilities that can c...  Read Full »

How to recover fast from sphincterotomy and hemorrhoidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I underwent open internal rigid sphincterotomy and hemorrhoidectomy for chronic anal fissure and piles. But I have severe pain in the anal canal all the time now. During bowel movements, it gets worse. I underwent surgery before 23 days. I also see some blood in stool...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recovery time after surgery is two to three weeks. But it may take a month in some cases. You can try these simple steps to accelerate recovery. Try these steps for a week. If the problem persists, it is better to consult a surgeon and try to do a physical examination o...  Read Full »

Is there an injection therapy to reduce hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been to see my GP a while ago about hemorrhoids. I cannot remember when I first got them. It was a while ago. I have done the usual. Eat fiber to soften stools. Taken herbal tablets to soften them. Have done the warm water baths. Have done pile creams. I went to the toilet yester...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a procedure other than surgery, called sclerotherapy. This is a very simple procedure, done in the outpatient department. A sclerosing agent is injected into the hemorrhoid which allows it to shrivel and shrink. It is done under local anaesthesia. Hope thi...  Read Full »

I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years.Please help.

Query: Hi, I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years. I have been taking Anusol suppositories inserted directly into my anus as it was advised by the doctor. But to my disappointment it keeps coming back. What option can you suggest to get it treated once for all?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaheen Zafar

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your hemorrhoids is persisting with the medical treatment then there are other options for its treatment. The other treatment options are: Rubber Band Ligation (RBL) - a small band which is applied to the base of the hemorrhoid mass cuts off the blood supply to the ma...  Read Full »