Surgical Excision Of Sebaceous Cyst

What are the complications of surgical removal of sebaceous cyst?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 52 years old and she has a painless sebaceous cyst at the back of her head. She has been advised surgical excision. Is it safe? Are there any complications? Will her hair grow back?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sebaceous cyst on the scalp is very common.There are no complications in relation to the surgical excision. Regarding the hair growth, yes it does grow back because hair follicles are not damaged. Only the operative site will be shaved. Some plastic surgeons...  Read Full »

What can cause an open sore on the head?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has an open sore on his head. It is the size of a softball with redness under it and it is causing a shocking pain into his ear. It is swollen and has caused soreness in his neck and swollen adenoids. It looks like it has mucus or pus, which is trying to come out, but nothi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It just appears (attachment removed to protect patient identity) to be an infected sebaceous cyst that is infected now. I see you have tried to drain it. It should be seen by a physician ideally either in an urgent care or dermatologist or by a surgeon as soon as possi...  Read Full »

Can Surfaz-SN be used for acne?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. I have a small acne on my penis. Shall I use Surfaz-SN to remove the acne? If that is not useful, then please suggest me a correct cream. I do not like to go for surgery. Thank you.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. With your description, it seems that you have developed molluscum contagiosum. Please get a review with a picture for better evaluation and the best possible treatment of your concern. Revert with photos to a dermatologist online --> ...  Read Full »

What can be done for small solid swelling on the arm that looks like a cyst?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small solid little thing on my arm that looks like a cyst or wart that I would like to get treated. I thought it to be a pimple so I tried to take it out with a small needle but was afraid to go deep. So, I did not achieve anything and I just made it red. It has grown a bit o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need some pictures to help you precisely. I cannot guess it by your description. Most probably, it might be an epidermoid cyst. Let me confirm when I see few pictures of it. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doc...  Read Full »

These two small bumps suddenly turned big. Is this a sebaceous cyst?

Query: Hello doctor,I spoke to a dermatologist on here. I had two small bumps about 2 to 3 mm in size ever since I was younger and I am confident it is not a sexually transmitted disease. They were on the tip of the foreskin of the penis. Just two days ago, they started getting big. It never bothered me be...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have pain or fever? Yes, it definitely looks like a sebaceous cyst. You should take antibiotics as prescribed. When infection and inflammation subsides you will require gett...  Read Full »

How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a little bump on the upper lip corner which is like a small pimple for about eight to 10 months. It has been painless until over the past few days where there is a mild vague pain around the area. Please suggest if it is something that I need to be worried about?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sebaceous cyst or a hypertrophic Fordyce spot or trichoepithelioma. A physical and histopathological examination is required to confirm the diagnosis and a surgical excision is the only treatment of choice.  Good thing is that most of them are benign...  Read Full »