Surgical Removal Of Nail

I have ingrown nail inspite of treating it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from an ingrown nail from the past two years. Previously I went to a surgeon and removed my whole pin. But the problem arises again.  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try Graphites 30c four pills once a day for seven days, by stopping taking Hepar Sulph at this time. Along with medicines you will need to make sure that you use open shoes or sandals instead of close tight shoes. Also, soak your feet in warm water twice a d...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for an infected ingrown nail?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an ingrown toenail and it has got infected. I suffer from a lot of pain while wearing shoes. I have this pea-sized bubble like thing which bleeds on the side of my toenail. I have attached a picture of my toenail. It is a swelling, and I wonder what can I do to take it away, oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen your clinical picture and gone through your query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would strongly advise you to undergo a partial nail excision, debridement and daily dressing of the wound until it shows healthy granulation tissue. It is...  Read Full »

I have smashed thumb with swelling and blood clot and do not want nail removal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a smashed thumb by the cricket ball. I was hit last week and there is blood clot under my nail. Thus I am still having pain in my finger and it is swollen. Now the pain reduced a bit but the swelling is unchanged and because of it I am still having pain and I cannot bend my fin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After careful analysis of your history, it looks like a hematoma of the nail bed or contusion. Since you have mentioned that X-ray reports were negative, you do not have to worry about anything serious. Firstly, I would suggest you not to rely on any other informatio...  Read Full »

After a toenail injury, there is a gap between the nail and the nail bed. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question here. I had a toenail injury last month (cause: fell down, toe landing first onto the floor, which made the nail get loosened). I did go to the hospital to get it treated. The doctor cut off half of my nail, cleaned and dressed it, and kept re-visiting to get the dressi...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your worry. I think you need to follow your doctor's advice (get the nail removed surgically), as it seems that the nail is detached from its bed. But get the procedure done only by a surgeon or a dermatologist. And get it done as soon as possible, because ...  Read Full »