Surgical Removal Of Wisdom Teeth

Can wisdom teeth cause throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from throat pain, red tonsil and entire jaw and neck pain. My wisdom tooth also paining for the last two to three months. When I visited an ENT doctor for my throat pain, he said that I do not have any problem inside the neck. He also advised me to visit a dentist. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pain, which is present due to wisdom tooth, must be ruled out earlier by consulting a dentist. Because in this case, physical examination and x-ray are necessary. So, consu...  Read Full »

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

I bit the inside of my cheek and now it is swollen. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some re...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

I have no feeling in my tongue after having wisdom teeth pulled. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old and had four wisdom teeth pulled. The procedure happened on 7th and my tongue is still numb. I have no feeling in my tongue now. Did the dentist maybe nick a nerve or something? Will I ever get the feeling back in my tongue? I am always biting my tongue at night and wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had all the wisdom teeth pulled out in one shot, then you should have been given a lot of numbing injections on all the four sides of the mouth. In that case, the injections given for the lower jaw numbness would be the major reason for your tongue numbness. Do n...  Read Full »

Is jaw and ear pain after tooth extraction normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a complicated wisdom tooth removal one week ago. My gum was cut and I have stitches (dissolvable). I still have jaw pain, pain in what I believe are the glands in my neck, some ear pain and the extraction site is still sore. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Mild discomfort and reduced mouth opening along with swelling are normal for 3 to 5 days after extraction. Since you are telling about the glands (lymph nodes), you will need antibiotics too. Follow the instructions given by your dentist...  Read Full »

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tongue numbness is caused by nerve injury or irritation at the time of giving local anesthesia before your tooth removal or even due to the closeness of the roots of your tooth to the nerve bundle. However, this is usually transient and there is a gradual recovery of ...  Read Full »

What Is The Best Course of Action For Infected Wisdom Tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lower wisdom tooth that has been infected chronically for well over a year. I also have an upper molar that is broken decayed and has been like this for years. The wisdom tooth oozes green pus if you apply pressure with a cotton swab. The decayed tooth is mildly painful. I saw my...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaint and the relevant details. Please do not panic relating this to death. The good thing is you do not have chills or swelling. Huge swellings that cover the entire face, jaw or neck are only dangerous. These are called space infection that keeps s...  Read Full »

Why is there reduced mouth opening after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I was put to sleep and had a surgery on all my wisdom teeth to have them removed. It has been three weeks since surgery and I can only put two fingers in my mouth. My bottom wisdom teeth were impacted in my gums and bone that is why it had to be surgically removed. What can I do to ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your query, I have gone through it and I came to a provisional diagnosis of trismus (inability to open mouth). This is the diagnosis based on your query and it may not be right. You just need to visit the dentist who removed your molars and you need to go thro...  Read Full »

I have pain on the left side of the jaw. Is it due to an impacted tooth or a tooth with large filling?

Query: Hi doctor, Approximately six weeks ago, I got niggling wisdom teeth pain. The left top and bottom wisdom teeth were breaking through the gums. I got sudden pain which was severe in intensity around the back of my mouth and the lower left side. It got aggravated especially on chewing and radiating to...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your tooth pain. The first reason as per my opinion is the pressure created multiple periapical damages because of the third molar rather than the nerve of the next tooth root, as you have more than one...  Read Full »

Is it normal to still have cheekbone pain a month after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my lower wisdom tooth removed a month ago. It was infected and they said they had to break a bone and take it out. I had two stitches removed post 10 days of my surgery. Still, I have the sensitivity and light pain in the cheekbone area. Is this normal to have? How long will it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After wisdom tooth removal, one generally has pain and little difficulty in chewing for a week or so. But, it is a month now and it should not be there.  Is there sensitivity on the cheeks or the adjacent tooth? If it is on the tooth, you need to check for any...  Read Full »